myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: myfaces-faces-plugin - architecture
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2008 21:33:53 GMT
Leonardo Uribe schrieb:
> Not have code completion and other features on the IDE is a low price
> for we have with templates.
Not that I would like to veto at this point (which I am not able to do,
for sure), but:

We already gave up some comfort with having the shared stuff. You know,
you can not easily set breakpoints, edit files, compile and retest. You
know, you always have to know in which generated share to set the
breakpoint and then change the core, regenerate etc etc.

Afterwards, the same counts for the components too. Which means, lets
say, 70% of the code can't be easily debugged, changed, hot-swapped etc.
Given that it is hard already to find open-source developers I am not
sure if all this is engouraging.

But yes, I do not have any better idea yet.

Ciao,
Mario