myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: [tomahawk] why bother with 1.2?
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2008 12:14:30 GMT
Hi!
> This code generation stuff does make code more *consistent* between the various bits
(taglib, faces-config, java) but definitely does not make it simpler to work with. IMO, it
introduces a whole new set of concepts that will make it harder for new developers to get
into this code.

I too thought that the generating stuff is just about creating the tag
handler for JSP/Facelets and the config files, but leave the
component/renderer stuff itself untouched in the responsibility of the
developer.
For what I have seen till now, when I had to fix a problem in the
templates I, I just can second that development is again getting more
painful.

I don't want to sound too negative, but first "shared" and now this .... :-(

Ciao,
Mario