myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <simon.kitch...@chello.at>
Subject [tomahawk] why bother with 1.2?
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Hi,

I see Leonard is currently doing a lot of work on something called "tomahawk 1.2", which surprised
me a little.

I have checked the mail archives, and see some discussions happening around june 2007 regarding
having a version of tomahawk specifically for JSF1.2.

But since then, we have started "apache commons". I think therefore that rather than have
a tomahawk 1.2, it would be better to split tomahawk up into pieces that live in "commons"
modules, or at least extract all the bits we can, then call the remaining bits something other
than "tomahawk".

Tomahawk code is really rather old and crusty and I don't see a lot of point moving it as-is
to JSF1.2.

Getting a release of tomahawk 1.1.7 out, however, would be a very good idea.

Regards,
Simon