myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From simon <simon.kitch...@chello.at>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release of myfaces core 1.2.2
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2008 18:23:20 GMT

On Tue, 2008-01-22 at 12:50 -0300, Leonardo Uribe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was running the needed tasks to get the 1.2.2 release of Apache
> MyFaces core out.
>
> Please note that this vote concerns all of the following parts:
>  1. Maven artifact group "org.apache.myfaces.shared" v3.0.2  [1]
>  2. Maven artifact group "org.apache.myfaces.core" v1.2.2  [1]
>
> The artifacts are deployed to my private Apache account ([1]).
>
> Please take a look at the "1.2.2" artifacts and vote!
>
> Please note: This vote is "majority approval" with a minimum of three
> +1 votes (see [3]).

> [ ] +1 for community members who have reviewed the bits
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1 for fatal flaws that should cause these bits not to be released,
>   and why..............

==== important

(1)
in the impl jar, file META-INF/standard-faces-config.xml has a few
component entries like this:
    <property>
         <description>
                &lt;p&gt;
                The URL of the image. If the URL starts with a '/', it
is relative
                to the context path of the web application.
                &lt;/p&gt;
                &lt;p&gt;
                This attribute is an alias for the "value" property.
                &lt;/p&gt;

            </description>
         <property-name>url</property-name>
         <property-class>java.lang.String</property-class>
      </property>

Will this cause problems? I don't know what the "description" field in a
standard-faces-config file is used for..

(2)
Can we please hava a CLIRR report to check for binary incompatibilities?

See clirr.sourceforge.net

==== less important

(3)
Normally in commons, the following entries are also added to manifests:
x-java-source
X-java-target
so that it is clear which versions of java this is compatible with.

Neither the shared, api nor impl jars have these entries.

The bytecode version in the classes is 49, ie java5 which is fine.

(4)
The MANIFEST.MF file for the shared-core-sources has no version info at
all.

(5)
The api jar has a strange META-INF/rsc subdirectory.

(6)
the impl jar has "myfaces_core.tld" but "myfaces-html.tld".

Not a problem AFAIK, but a little inconsistent.

Nothing else significant that I can see in the binaries.

Apart from the oddity in the standard-faces-config (which might not
actually cause a problem) none of the above seems worth blocking a
release for.

BTW, is there going to be a tgz "download bundle"? If so, do you have a
link to the RC for that?

Regards,

Simon