myfaces-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Wolf Benz (JIRA)" <...@myfaces.apache.org>
Subject [jira] Created: (TOMAHAWK-1145) t:input calendar unstable to disfunctional
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2007 16:18:50 GMT
t:input calendar unstable to disfunctional
------------------------------------------

                 Key: TOMAHAWK-1145
                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMAHAWK-1145
             Project: MyFaces Tomahawk
          Issue Type: Bug
          Components: Calendar
    Affects Versions: 1.1.7-SNAPSHOT
         Environment: Myfaces 1.2.1 - Tomahawk 2.0 Snapshot (also previous versions) - Facelets
1.1.13
            Reporter: Wolf Benz
             Fix For: 1.1.7-SNAPSHOT


First of all: I have correctly set up my extension filter, nothing wrong there. Problems started
when I "upgraded' to MF 1.2 and Tomahwak116, later Tomahawk 2.0 snapshot.
Secondly: I don't know to what extend the problems I'm having are caused by using it n combination
with Facelets, but I expect a correct taglib to be a central part of the problem as I get
very different results, depending on the taglib used. (-> Cf. mailing list: repeated request
to include the taglib in teh META-Inf dir for faclets users!!!!!!!!!!!)

What happens is: 
When using this: 
<t:inputCalendar 	 
	renderAsPopup="true"
	renderPopupButtonAsImage="true" 
	popupDateFormat="dd/MM/yyyy" 
	popupButtonString="Click here to show Calendar"
	value="#{studyOverviewBean.study.plannedStartDate}" 
/>

... several things happen: 
1/ the layout is screwed: there is an anormous space between the "input text field" where
the date is pasted and the actual icon one can click to have the calendar pop up. 
What makes it worse: this space is a vertical one...

2/ The whole popup thing just doesn't work. It pasts a sortof in-line calendar-rendering below
the inputfield, which pushes everything underneath away, and even after picking a date(after
which the inline rendering is gone), never corrects this space.  

I had diffrent behavior depeding on what was declared in the various taglibs I used (for facelets).
I tried one from Google (provided by Bruno) and one other (provided by skalasoft) , which
gave me the "best" results but even these were largely inappropriate. 

Hope this gets corrected soon in one of the intermediate MY1.2.1/Toma2.0 releases. (by including
a correct and complete taglib!!)

-Wolf.





 

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message