myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Scott O'Bryan <darkar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Portlet] Support for WSRP ?
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2007 16:55:04 GMT
I'm expecting that as of JSR-286 though, we should even be able to
support popups in a wsrp environemnt.  :)

Anyway, think of it this way.  WSRP is a web-services layer.  JSR-168 is
the container.  Typically Portlets are run under WSRP though the JSR-168
container.  The only difference is that these portlets exist in a
"remote" environment and go though a webservice layer before they are
sent to the browser.  The intention of JSR-301 is to support JSR-168
both locally and remotely (via WSRP).

All the work I've done with Trinidad, so far, has been on a remote
(WSRP) enabled portal and I know that Martin has done some extra work on
local portals.  So Martin's assessment is totally correct.  In theory
the two environments are not much different other then the "local"
paradigm allows you to exploit some "tricks" to get around limitations
in the spec.  WSRP does not play nicely with most of these "tricks" but
should offer the same capabilities from a container standpoint.

Make sense

Scott