myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Jeanne Waldman <jeanne.wald...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [Trinidad] Trunk broken
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2007 01:33:11 GMT
No objections.

The normal practice is when I see test failures, I go to the
test-failures directory. In your case, you see
treeTable-minimal-golden.xml, treeTable-minimalIE-golden.xml, etc.

Then what I do is diff the src with the test-failures. So you would
look at the diff between the src treeTable-minimal-golden.xml and the
test-failure file of the same name. If the diff is what you expect, then
you copy your test-failure file into the src file.

Then you rebuild. If it is successful, you check in, so you'll check in
the treeTable*golden.xml files and the build will run for everyone.

The golden file tests are a great way to catch accidental changes to
renderers.

Thanks,
Jeanne