myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Paul McMahan <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject external api change OK for myfaces-impl 1.2.1?
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2007 17:00:47 GMT
The LifecycleProvider interface was introduced in MyFaces core 1.2.0
as an integration point that allows Java EE containers to handle
annotation processing for JSF managed beans.  In order to help
containers invoke @PostConstruct methods more consistently with the
Java EE RI (glassfish) we are discussing changing this API in:
     https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-1761

I attached a patch (MYFACES-1761-01.diff) to that JIRA that would
change a method signature from :
    LifecycleProvider.newInstance(String className)
    LifecycleProvider.newInstance(ManagedBean beanConfig)

The only known implementer of the LifecycleProvider interface
(outside of MyFaces itself) is the Geronimo project, which is in
favor of this change.   Are there any concerns with changing this
external api in the upcoming 1.2.1 maintenance release?

BTW, this patch also refactors ManagedBeanBuilder into
ManageBeanInitializer so that the existing code in that class can
still be used to initialize managed properties.   Unless I am
mistaken ManagedBeanBuilder was not intended to be externally
overridden or extended, so refactoring it should not affect our users.

Best wishes,
Paul