myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew Robinson" <andrew.rw.robin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Trinidad] Create a 1.2 trunk
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2007 17:15:57 GMT
IMO, the 1.1 would still act as the main trunk for new features that
are not 1.2 specific. It would then be a choice of each committer to
patch 1.2 trunk or not (is the "or not" an option or not though --
should we require it so that the maintainers don't have to do all the
svn merging?).

Only if the feature is 1.2 specific would it be placed only on the 1.2 trunk.

This could work like:

1) work on 1.1 and optionally port to 1.2
2) apply 1.2 changes only to 1.2
3) on release, branch 1.1 and 1.2 at the same time
4) apply 1.1 changes from the 1.1 branch (merge) to 1.2? (unless we
require committers to maintain their change on both trunks)

opinions?