myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew Robinson" <andrew.rw.robin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Trinidad] please comment on the following bug
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2007 16:42:29 GMT
> My recommendation is to change the code and documentation to:
>  - If the component is a naming container, search relative to the
>    parent;  otherwise search relative to the component

But what if the person does want to search the children? If the parent
was used, they would have to refer to themselves, which is more
confusing IMO.

Example:

<my:namingContainer partialTriggers="link">
</my:namingContainer>

versus:

<my:namingContainer id="nc" partialTriggers="nc:link">
</my:namingContainer>

So, if it was left as-is in terms of documentation, the following
would be the correct way to refer to a child and refer to a sibling:

<my:namingContainer partialTriggers="link, ::outsideLink">
</my:namingContainer>

That seems to make sense to me at least

-Andrew