myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From ray.milb...@L-3com.com
Subject FW: file download issue
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2007 17:45:56 GMT

Brendan,

I saw your post on apache as follows:

Our application has a requirement to export certain data as a

comma-delimited file to the user.  To do this, our action class does the

following:

response.setContentType("text/html");

response.setHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment;filename=3D\"" +

defaultFileName + "\"");

PrintWriter out =3D response.getWriter();

out.println(data); // in a loop to output all the rows

facesContext.getApplication().getStateManager().saveSerializedView(faces

Context);

facesContext.responseComplete();

return null;

The above works fine in that, when the action is invoked, the user gets

the typical "file download" pop-up (with the options: open, save,

cancel, or more info).  The pop-up gets displayed with following

checkbox checked and disabled: "Always ask before opening this type of

file."

The problem is that, if I press the "open" button, the same dialog

re-appears, but this time, the checkbox is enabled.  Only after I hit

"open" again can I actually see the data.  By contrast, if I hit the

"save" button, I only have to do that once.

Can anyone explain to me why I have to hit the "open" button twice on

the "file download" pop-up, given the code I've listed above?
I am currently working on an application that has the exact same error.  Did
you ever get a fix for this?  IF so, could you please tell me what it is?
Thank-you,
Ray Milburn
Senior Software Engineer
L3 Communications, GSI