myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Winer" <awi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Trinidad] please comment on the following bug
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2007 22:26:59 GMT
On 10/8/07, Andrew Robinson <andrew.rw.robinson@gmail.com> wrote:
> > My recommendation is to change the code and documentation to:
> >  - If the component is a naming container, search relative to the
> >    parent;  otherwise search relative to the component
>
> But what if the person does want to search the children? If the parent
> was used, they would have to refer to themselves, which is more
> confusing IMO.

I agree, that's confusing.  But, IMO, I think that requiring
"::" for finding peers:

  <af:commandLink id="foo" .../>
  <af:table partialTriggers="::foo">...</af:table>

is also really confusing, and suspect that searching for
peers is much more common than searching for children.  Plus,
it's existing behavior, and breaking existing behavior is never
a good thing.

-- Adam