myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Marinschek" <martin.marinsc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Merging Shale into MyFaces
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2007 19:32:48 GMT
> > - ViewController/Dialog: I hope Orchestra can take in what makes sense
> > here (the notion of subflows which
>
> I like Orchesta a lot, but I don't think the view controller/dialog features
> should be tied to Spring....

I see two configuration options - Spring and annotations. The managed
bean-facility just won't cope with scope=conversation!

> > - test-framework: we've long used it in MyFaces, but for recent tests
> > both Matthias and me have used EasyMock, it is somewhat easier to
> > define changing interface behaviour with EasyMock than with static
> > mock-classes. Still, this is valuable, and should be a separate module
> > in the merger.
>
> Could shale-test be enhanced by using EasyMock?

nope. I don't think so - it's very much static mocks or dynamic mocks
(well, with a few exceptions, were you actually need implementation
classes). I don't see much of a mixture here.

regards,

Martin