myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: [result][vote] start up the MyFaces Commons project
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2007 15:01:19 GMT
Hi!
> I agree that MyFaces Basics is too MyFaces-Core-esque.    Tomahawk
> Basics or JSF Basics would be better choices.

Hmmm ... I think the "MyFaces JSF Basics" is the only option then. As
far as I know the token "MyFaces" needs to be in there as it is a
project of the "MyFaces" project.

Personally I think the token "tomahawk" suggest that the Basic module is
meant as something related to tomahawk only then.

Also we should clearly state in the future that the term MyFaces does
not not necessarily mean a module works only with the MyFaces JSF
implementation nor with tomahawk only. But I think this is something we
already do as good as we can, e.g. with Apache MyFaces Trinidad, Apache
MyFaces Orchestra.
Btw, Tobago is an exception here, they call their project just Tobago
instead of "Apache MyFaces Tobago" as it should be ... I think.

Ciao,
Mario