myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Kurz <michi.k...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: [research] state writing with server side state saving
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2007 12:16:15 GMT
Mario Ivankovits schrieb:
> But with Server-Side-State-Saving (SSSS) it should be possible to just
> render a unique id whith which the state is associated then, no?
> No need to buffer anymore then.
> I think with a special ViewHandler (intercept writeState to write the id
> and build the state after renderView then) and a custom StateManager it
> should be possible then.
>
> Ideas?

Just a thought, but with SSSS wouldn't it be possible to simply write a
view state tag with constant value and skip further state writing? For
what I have seen so far it is only used to determine if the request is a
postback with SSSS (at least in 1.2.1, 1.1 seems to be a bit different).
But I may be wrong...

regards,
Michael