myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Sochor Zdeněk <zdenek.soc...@ataco.cz>
Subject Re: facelets taglib for tomahawk and sandbox
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 09:02:10 GMT
Hi,
 a year ago i was playing with OLD generator to make it work again for
Tomahawk's core components - see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMAHAWK-819
- attachment tomahawk(no roleSelectionMode).patch

I withdrove the issue mainly because it become invalid in a matter of
weeks AND in that time it was
decided to switch to maven plug-in.

It was quite painful to make that patch due to heavy modifications in
components' getters and/or setters.

If part of that patch is locally applied (ONLY for xml definition
files), one can see almost all occurencies of unusual methods
which will have to be modified/extended during autogeneration (i
extended old generator for not rendering setter and/or getter).

I tried to complete as many missing attributes as i could, but i KNOW
that i missed a hell many of them in patch.
(mostly ones i sent patch for in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMAHAWK-955).
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12347078/tomahawk%28no+roleSelectionMode%29.patch>
I have to say i don't even slightly envy anyone who will try to port
Tomahawk to new generator. :D
I would help with that if that generator was able to be extended.
I really have issues with it in its current form e. g.  magic comment
/**///methodName for not generating that method.

But it would be nice way how to ensure correctness of components and tags.

Regards,
  Zdenek