myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: MyFaces
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2007 07:25:05 GMT
Hi!
> You might remember when Shale was under the "Struts" umbrella, and
> then migrated to be on its own.

Yes, but due to the focus change to JSF it simply didn't fit in Struts
anymore, no?

> I think that Shale should remain on its own, also because it contains
> products that don't need JSF at all (I am thinking of shale-test).

I don't know shale-test, but isn't it to provide mock object for the JSF
api? If it is more, maybe it fits into Commons land?

In MyFaces land the need for a commons project rises up every now and
then - instead, it might be easier to contribute to a MyFaces Shale
subproject.
Also the ML of Shale has become quite quiet, wouldn't it be better to
concentrate the spare time of JSF developers@apache into one TLP?

But well, just thoughts .....
(Pinged the MyFaces Developer List too, please reply to the shale dev ML
anyway)

Ciao,
Mario