myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: [orchestra] getting ready for a release
Date Sun, 07 Oct 2007 07:40:11 GMT
Hi!

Yep, I think we've overseen something here.

Simon, the ConversationManager to use depends on the used
FrameworkAdapter, but you can have multiple FrameworkAdapters in use in
your application.
e.g. one for the local stuff, one for JSF, and in an mixed environment,
one for Servlets/JSP which means, we can't have a global configuration here.

I tried to allow to inject the instance of a ConversationMessager into
the FrameworkAdapter by introducing an AbstractFrameworkAdapter and fill
in the required configuration using injection. I've tried it by keeping
our magicBeans map, but I think now it comes a little bit complicated to
achive all this. At least the code no longer looks that nice.

I'd ask if we couldn't switch to the already discussed abstract basis
class for the FrameworkAdapter stuff where we could have a simple
get/setConversationMessager pair with an default value setted up by the
inherited class.
Still, it might be required to go back to the ConversationMessager init
parameter to configure the default as we can't inject something into the
e.g. JsfFramworkAdapter.

Ciao,
Mario