myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From simon <simon.kitch...@chello.at>
Subject Re: [orchestra] BasicFrameworkAdapter
Date Sun, 07 Oct 2007 18:20:10 GMT
On Sun, 2007-10-07 at 19:57 +0200, Mario Ivankovits wrote:
> Simon,
>
> any reason you called it BasicFrameworkAdapter and not
> ServletFrameworkAdapter or ServletContainerFrameworkAdapter?
> Basic sound like basic for all implementations and not just servlet
> container based ones.

The name ServletFrameworkAdapter sounded too much like FrameworkAdapterServlet to me. I thought
it was confusing.

Although BasicFrameworkAdapter isn't perfect I agree.

Do you think it is possible or reasonable to port Orchestra to a non-servlet environment?
I know they exist (eg RIFE) but would be very surprised if Orchestra could be reasonably ported
to such an environment.

Regards,

Simon