myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Mike Kienenberger" <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jira for JSR-301
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 15:19:04 GMT
It's probably too late to do anything about it, but JSR301 seems like
a poor name for a few reasons.   First, it's not obvious to which
apache project the JSR301 issue key belongs, nor is it clear to the
uniformed what JSR301 stands for.   It'd be the same as naming MyFaces
JSR127.   Second, there's no reason why another apache project
couldn't implement JSR301 as well, causing confusion.    Yes, there
are apache projects that implement the same JSR, for example Cayenne
and OpenJPA.   Third, what happens when down the road JSF Portlet
Bridge 2.0 becomes JSR456?

On 9/3/07, Manfred Geiler <manfred.geiler@irian.at> wrote:
> done.
>
> Project: MyFaces Portlet Bridge
> Key: JSR301
> Project Lead: Martin Marinschek
> Notification Scheme: MyFaces notifications
> Project Category: MyFaces
>
> Also added a component "General" and a version "1.0.0-SNAPSHOT".
>
> --Manfred
>

> On 9/3/07, Martin Marinschek <martin.marinschek@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Manfred,
> >
> > ;)
> >
> > take MyFaces Portlet Bridge!
> >
> > I wrongly assumed there could be more than one key, but hey, why would
> > they say key to it then? - take JSR301
> >
> > regards,
> >
> > Martin
> >
> > On 9/3/07, Manfred Geiler <manfred.geiler@irian.at> wrote:
> > > "yes to all suggestions" is funny.
> > > I cannot name the project both "MyFaces JSR-301" AND "MyFaces Portlet
> > > Bridge" and give it the key "JSR301" AND "PBRIDGE".
> > >
> > > ;-)
> > >
> > > --Manfred

JSR-301.  I'd like to