myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Gianluca Correndo <gianluca_corre...@yahoo.com>
Subject adding parameters for actionHandler
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2007 15:40:45 GMT
Hello everyone,
  I have started to develop with MyFaces and Tobago few weeks ago. I
 have used
tomahawk for a while and with it there was an easy way to add
 parameters to an
event for customising actions. For example in a page I could add a link
erase one ontology I manage:

 <t:commandLink styleClass="submitButton"  value="erase" id="eraseC"
action="#{SessionBean.eraseOntology}">
  <f:param name="oid" value="#{ontology.id}"/>
 </t:commandLink>

And the event handler was able to retrieve the parameter "oid" from the
 faces
context with:

public void eraseOntology(ActionEvent actionEvent){
        String oid =
javax.faces.context.FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getExternalContext().getRequestParameterMap().get("oid");

  Now in the Tobago library this doesn't work anymore. How can I
 achieve the
same behaviour?
  Thanks in advance
  Gianluca