myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From simon <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject [Fwd: Re: [orchestra] conversation timeouts]
Date Sun, 19 Aug 2007 12:16:14 GMT
-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: simon <simon.kitching@chello.at>
To: MyFaces Development <dev@myfaces.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [orchestra] conversation timeouts
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 13:35:07 +0200

On Sat, 2007-08-18 at 10:19 +0200, simon wrote:
> The current implementation is for a Thread to be spawned for every
> ConversationManager instance, ie for *every http session*. This thread
> periodically wakes up and scans its associated ConversationManager to
> check for context or conversations that are too old.

By the way, how do these threads get terminated?

The run method is effectively:

  while (!isInterrupted())
  {
    checkTimeouts();
    Thread.sleep(CHECK_TIME);
  }

I don't see anything that would interrupt the thread, though.

When a daemon thread object becomes eligible for garbage-collection, is
the thread terminated? If not, what does terminate the thread?

Regards,

Simon