myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From simon <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject [orchestra] ConnectionManagerDataSource and java1.6
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2007 20:41:27 GMT
Hi,

ConnectionManagerDataSource doesn't compile with java1.6, because Sun
added a new ancestor interface ("Wrapper") to DataSource:-(.
The new methods are isWrapperFor and unwrap.

I think the best solution is just to add stub implementations of the new
methods that throw UnsupportedOperationException.

On JVMs earlier than 1.6 they will obviously never be called, so no
problem.

And there is no need for these new methods to actually be called by
users AFAIK, so an exception sounds ok.

The alternative is for our implementations to use reflection on the
underlying DataSource object to determine whether the methods are there
at runtime, and if so then forward the call to the underlying
datasource. This is quite doable, but probably not necessary.

Thoughts?

Simon