myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Scott O'Bryan <darkar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [TRINIDAD] and portlets, next issues
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2007 19:05:06 GMT
The rendering capabilities are set in the CoreRenderingContext in the
_initializeAgent method.  This is based off of the outputMode which is
returned by the RequestContext.  Basically the capabilities for
TrinidadAgent.CAP_PARTIAL_RENDERING are set to false on the Trinidad
agent and there are several functions in CoreRenderUtils,
PartialPageUtils, XhtmlUtils, and PartialPageRendererUtils which query
this capability.

Scott

Scott O'Bryan wrote:
> Let me see if I can find it..  I know that the _partialPageSubmit does
> a full page submit when inside of a portal and that the portal
> environment is initialized based on capability settings...  I'll get
> back to you
>

> Martin Marinschek wrote:
>> Hi Scott,
>>
>> I didn't find the code you are referring to in the CoreRenderingContext.
>>
>> The question - just like with the skinning - is when you'd render this
>> little piece of JavaScript. There is no root-element you can rely on
>> in the portlet-case... The Body-Renderer can render it, but it's not
>> available here.
>>
>> regards,
>>
>> Martin
>>
>> On 7/31/07, Scott O'Bryan <darkarena@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hey Martin,
>>>
>>> I think this actually exists on the client side if I'm not mistaken.
>>> What I do know is that this used to work.  Sigh.
>>>
>>> I don't think you're correct though about the _checkLoadNoPPR.  The
>>> capabilities for the portlet should be loaded if the external
>>> context is
>>> a portlet external context.  I think the code might be in
>>> RenderingContext for this.
>>>
>>> Scott

and do see the
pager