myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Lessard" <simon.lessar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MyFaces 1.2.0 - trunk ?
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2007 17:02:50 GMT
Of course, MyFaces is a spec implementation so bugs need to be fixed in
order to remain competitive with other providers. What I meant is more
perception-wise. Assuming someone started using MyFaces 1.1.x like one month
ago or so and downloaded the source from SVN, he might feel left out seeing
it being moved to a branche.

The issue is probably going to be bigger with Trinidad/Tomahawk/Tobago
though since they are custom component libraries and is thus free to provide
more "new features". Duplicating the new code is going to work for a while,
but I don't know for how long it should be desirable. Moving new features
from 1.1 to 1.2 will always be possible, but the opposite won't, especially
with the invokeOnComponent feature. It's a potential maintenance nightmare.
Maybe we'll have to stop adding new features to the 1.1 version at some
point? Anyway, that's another issue completely since we are talking about
MyFaces for now.

Regards,

~ Simon