myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Build] Trinidad
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2007 21:08:01 GMT

> ok, perhaps I introduce an "assembly" profile
> so that :prepare does the prepartion on all *important* artifacts.
> an optional profile like CORE could be introduced to just create
> build, api and impl

I'd like to see a new person be able to check out the project, type
'mvn install', and build *everything* including the release
assemblies.  (They need to be 'assembly:attached' for this to work.)

Needing to know secrets like what profiles to activate reminds me of
the old Ant builds where you had to know what targets to execute,
because every project did it a different way.  Maven builds should
Just Work.

--
Wendy