myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Build] Trinidad
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2007 20:59:35 GMT

> currently (in trunk) you run mvn install and get "all" (build, api, impl, demo)
> I'd like to change that. The default (mvn install) should create only build, api and
impl
> to get all (above + examples (blank and demo)) mvn install -Pall-modules
> With that, we also will only deploy build, api, and impl to a maven repo.
> blank and demo will be only available via website download.

The default build should create everything, so that 'mvn
release:prepare' and 'mvn release:perform' increments all the version
numbers, tags and deploys everything.

If you don't want to sync the examples to the central Maven repo,
delete that section of the staging repository before you copy/merge it
over to the rsynced ASF repo.

If you want a faster build, break the modules up into profiles that
are activated on the absence of a property, for example !noapps.  Then
the profile is active _unless_ you specify -Dnoapps=xxx.

--
Wendy