myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Mike Kienenberger" <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Possible bug in the columns tag with the convertDateTime tag
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2007 15:49:07 GMT
True, you'll need to copy these methods into your Converter (or base
converter) class.

I did the same thing in Tomahawk for validators, and that's the best
model to use as an example.

    org.apache.myfaces.validator.ValidatorBase

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/myfaces/tomahawk/trunk/core/src/main/java/org/apache/myfaces/validator/ValidatorBase.java?view=markup

Actually, you're going to want almost everything in that class and
everything that's in there is probably just as useful for converters.
I'd make your converter inherit from or delegate to this class.   Or
you can simply copy everything in there to your converter.    You
probably don't need the ability to customize the converter messages
yet, but you might want that down the road.   I know we'd want that in
the Tomahawk version at some point.