myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthias Wessendorf" <mat...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Trinidad] question about migration from ADF to Trinidad
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2007 08:27:29 GMT
> We have a web project developed using JSF 1.1 and the first version of
> Oracle ADF since 2005. We are working on a migration process to a new
> version of a JSF framework, and we already started replacing some ADF
> components by some My Faces ones (use tomahawk datatable instead of ADF
> table). As Trinidad (ADF successor) is evolving, we are wondering if a
> migration from ADF to Trinidad is the right choice. To better take a
> decision, I have some questions:

On [1] there is a wiki page, that helps you, when doing the migration.

> -          Does Trinidad make performance improvements especially for table
> and dialogs (loads the parent page prior to showing the dialog)?
>
> -          Can we mix Trinidad components with Tomahawk and Sandbox
> components to have some Ajax functions (suggest input, update of tables,
> dojo integration)

The latest versions of Tomahawk are ready to go, with Trinidad. I am
not sure on how easy it is to integrate the mentioned Sandbox
components. Perhaps you can play around with these components.

> -          When the first release of Trinidad is planned?

there was one already, during the Incubation. However, we are
currently doing the needed procedures for a next release (1.0.1).

Be sure, there will be an announcement soon.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/from_ADF_to_Trinidad

--
Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff: