myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Manfred Geiler" <manfred.gei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [OT] maven question - (was Re: [Build] Trinidad)
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 07:02:08 GMT
Yes, assembly:attached is the goal you must use when you want to build
your assemblies WITHIN the normal build lifecycle.
assembly:assembly would start a new complete build cycle within the
current main lifecycle, which means it would rebuild every artifact
again it depends on.

At least, that's my understanding...  ;-)

--Manfred

> > > I'd like to see a new person be able to check out the project, type
> > > 'mvn install', and build *everything* including the release
> > > assemblies.  (They need to be 'assembly:attached' for this to work.)
>
> assembly:attached?
> not assembly:assembly ?
>
> > ok, good point.
> >

> > > Needing to know secrets like what profiles to activate reminds me of
> > > the old Ant builds where you had to know what targets to execute,
> > > because every project did it a different way.  Maven builds should
> > > Just Work.
> >
> > ok, let's get them all, and I document the "quicker builds" in a readme
> >
> > -M
> >

> > > --
> > > Wendy
> > >

> > --