myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Volker Weber" <v.we...@inexso.de>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Create a notifications mailing list
Date Tue, 15 May 2007 19:50:34 GMT
Hi,

i can't remember subscribing the committers list, but i get the mails,
i think this was done at the account creation. This is what i expect
also for the notifications list.

For current committers (if they are not reading here) it should
suffice to sent a notification about the new list to the committers
list.

Regards,
  Volker

2007/5/15, Manfred Geiler <manfred.geiler@gmail.com>:
> currently there are 91 subscribers to the commits list (4 of them with
> digest option).
> don't know if there is a way to do a mass subscribe.
>
> at least it is possible for a moderator to manually subscribe a person
> by sending a mail like this:
>
> anyone stepping forward and willing to be the new notifications
> moderator and manually send and confirm (at least) 32 mails to the new
> list?
> ;-)
>
> perhaps some script geek can write a unix script that does this:
> loop over the list of committer emails and send a mail to
> notifications-subscribe-<committer-email-with-at-replaced-by-equal>@myfaces.apache.org
>
> Well. All in all perhaps we should not overact here. Is there really a
> need to coerce all committers? We could add it to our bylaws that
> every (active) committer must be subscribed to at least the 3 lists:
> dev, commits and notifications.
> If a committer does not: what the heck! This is ASF open source land.
> Collaboration is voluntary.
>
> --Manfred
>

> On 5/15/07, Volker Weber <v.weber@inexso.de> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > can we ensure that every committer gets this mails without need to
> > subscribe this new list?
> > Even for in future added committers?
> >
> > Otherwise im at least -0.5 for this.
> >

> > Regards,
> >     Volker
> >

> > 2007/5/15, Manfred Geiler <manfred.geiler@gmail.com>:
> > > Wendy,
> > > Thanks for taking the time for all that stuff. Thanks for the
> > > additional explanation.
> > > If the separation is an approvement for all people using atom feeds:
> > > so much the better.
> > > There was no veto yet (only symbolic -0's), so please proceed like you
> > > originally planned.
> > > --Manfred

 The