myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Mike Kienenberger" <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Apache MyFaces commons
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 16:26:33 GMT
> > Maybe verison of t:dataList (the "simple" mode) that doesn't render
> > state?   This one is more of a stretch, I expect, but an enhanced
> > component iterator would be a good thing in commons.
>
> isn't that guy rendering somewhat HTML ?

In simple mode, I don't think there is anything rendered by
t:dataList.   Only the children are rendered.

I think the t:dataList should be separated out into a component that
doesn't render and a component that renders.   From the facelets
mailing list, I can tell you that there's a lot of demand for such a
component, particularly when the ui:repeat component (the facelets
version) doesn't do everything that t:dataList does or when it's got a
bug (which it currently has).

Personally, the three things that JSF needs are page-scoped beans
(such as provided by  t:saveState), a non-rendering iterator
(t:dataList), and partial validation (s:subForm).    It would be
impossible to do useful work without these in my experience.  You can
fake everything else by generating the raw html yourself.

I can always find another component library for generating html.