myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Cagatay Civici" <cagatay.civ...@gmail.com>
Subject Content Type on ResponseWriter
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 10:42:25 GMT
Hi,

I just want to discuss an issue I've faced lately.

When a user makes a request with the request header "accept : text/*" ,
response writer cannot be created because "text/*" is not supported.

selectContentType method of HtmlRendererUtils first checks the request
header map for accept key and gets the "text/*" value, since this is not in
the supported content type list, pages are broken for this reason. Should we
select default text/html type for text/* only requests?

Another question I had is about the page directive,  <%@ page
contentType="text/html; charset=utf-8" ...%>, seems to be ignored because
only

context.getExternalContext().getRequestHeaderMap().get("Accept");

is used when trying to select the content type.

Any ideas? I couldn't find anything about this in the spec so far.

Cagatay