myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "David Brunette" <David.Brune...@chordiant.com>
Subject RE: [Trinidad] commandButton "blocking"
Date Tue, 15 May 2007 16:14:39 GMT

     Thanks Adam.

     If the PPR code is going to change soon to an XMLHTTP basis, then
yeah, it makes sense to not put too much work into this right now.  We
are looking at having this blocking functionality on both partial AND
full submits.  Would this pending work take both kinds of submits into
account for the blocking?  If so, we can probably sit tight until then.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Winer [mailto:awiner@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 11:36 AM
To: MyFaces Development
Subject: Re: [Trinidad] commandButton "blocking"

Hi Dave,

I'm reluctant to put too much work into the existing PPR JS codebase;
a big hope of mine is to switch that codebase over to a modern
XMLHTTP basis, at which point blocking could be much more
sensibly implemented.

-- Adam

On 5/15/07, David Brunette <David.Brunette@chordiant.com> wrote:
>      Hi everybody.  I am trying to solve the problem of "multiple
clicks on
> a submit button" on the browser side for a full form submit (that is,
after
> the user clicks the submit button, show an hour-glass cursor and block
the
> user from clicking again while the action method is doing its work).
From
> looking through the code, I see that the deprecated class
> org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.ui.laf.base.desktop.ButtonRenderer
> reads the 'blocking' attribute from the button (or link) and then,
> eventually, "_blockOnEverySubmit=true;" is added to the onclick for
the
> button.
>

>      But like I said... that class is deprecated.  Looking at
> CommandLinkRenderer or ActionSubmitUtils, it looks like this chunk of
code
> was not carried over.  Does anybody know if there was a specific
reason for
> leaving this out?  We would love to have that functionality back in
there,
> and if there was no specific reason to exclude that from
AutoSubmitUtils
> then I'd be happy to create an issue and provide a patch...
>

> Dave
> The information transmitted herewith is sensitive information of
Chordiant
> Software or its customers and is intended only for use to the
individual or
> entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not
the
> intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review,
retransmission,
> action in reliance upon, this information is strictly prohibited. If
you
> have received this communication in error, please contact the sender
and
> delete the material from your computer.
The information transmitted herewith is sensitive      information of Chordiant Software or
its customers and is intended only for use to the individual or entity to which it is addressed.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon, this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.