myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthias Wessendorf" <mat...@apache.org>
Subject [Proposal] Apache MyFaces JAR for dojo
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 16:17:28 GMT
Hi,

greetings from the ApacheCon in Amsterdam...

Since we proposed the "MyFaces commons JAR", we also like to have a
same jar for the dojo stuff that is used in Tomahawk.

apache-myfaces-dojo-VERSION.jar

that has to have all dojo-related thing, that are currently covered by
dojo. like the
utils, the initialiser and the javascript files.

Personally I/we think that this file shouldn't be a rt dependency for
tomahawk. That means after this arrived there isn't a
<t:dojoinitializer>.

Why ?
-Perhaps there are some issues to include Tomahawk, since the shipped
dojo stuff is BSD.
-Kind of a hard dependency to dojo widgets/ajax libs, when not having
a ajax-ish use-case.
  (size of the tomahawk.jar might be point related to this)
-easy update of dojo versions

-Bernd/Gerald/Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf