myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Winer" <awi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Trinidad] non-"sandbox" commits should have JIRA issues
Date Sat, 12 May 2007 16:44:43 GMT
I completely agree for anything non-trivial, but
what about comparative trivia like:
  - whitespace changes
  - deleting unused variables
  - fixing spelling errors
  - etc..

There's no value to mentioning these in release notes,
and if you have a thorough SVN commit message
(which should always be required practice), no one
will wonder why it was done...  Just looking for
the happy medium.  If you put too much procedure
on checkins, then people will:
  - Merge two tasks into one checkin (very bad procedure)
  - Not even bother with simple stuff

All that said, I absolutely should have referred
some checkins last week to
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ADFFACES-135
Mea culpa!

-- Adam