myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Zdeněk Sochor <zdenek.soc...@ataco.cz>
Subject Re: datatable and groupBy enhancements
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 11:46:44 GMT
Hi,
  i don't think either of suggestions are right.

Sugesstion 1 has disadvatage:
if you change one property of children in group, which is not defined as
groupByValue or
taken in account when computing value of checking value,
you don't get whole group as changed.

Suggestion 2 has disadvantage:
equals() method returns only TWO results - true/false,
while comparator returns THREE results - -1, 0, 1.
By using equals() method you can't do sorting on objects :(

Regards,
  Zdenek