myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Guy Coleman <guy.cole...@prolog.uk.com>
Subject Re: Error Starting Server
Date Fri, 04 May 2007 15:58:30 GMT
On 04/05/2007 16:53, Tim McConnell wrote:
> Is anyone else getting this error when trying to start the server ?? Or
> know how to resolve ?? Just started happening today....
>
> java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
>         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)
>         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java:359)
>         at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:319)
>         at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:185)
>         at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:141)

Something is using the port that your server is trying to bind to,
either intentionally or because the OS randomly handed it out. For
example, Firefox and Thunderbird often do this on my dev machine if I
start them up before JBoss.

You need to find out what is using the port and stop it (using something
like netstat). There are a few ways in Windows/Linux/BSD/etc for
reserving ports - Google is your friend :-)

-Guy.