myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Gerald Müllan" <bierbra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PPRPhaseListener
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 08:22:35 GMT
Well, i had a quick look with a dataTable where the value corresponds
to a aliasBean alias which references a list of objects.

In the PPRPhaseListener the dataTable has been seeked correctly (and
the main tags rendered out), but during rendering its children the
amount is 0.

I believe it is the same problem we had with f:loadBundle, which does
its job only when rendering happens and not in all phases of the
lifecycle. This results in not rendering the outputText mapped to the
value of the bundle.

Martin developed s:loadBundle, which is available in all lifecylce
phases and addresses this problem.

It seems that it takes more time to step into the alias-bean issue.
Ernst, maybe we get some minutes during apacheCon.

cheers,

Gerald

On 4/26/07, Ernst Fastl <ernst.fastl@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The PPRPhaseListener is called before RenderResponse so in my understanding
> decode should have been called normally on all components.
>
> The only thing
> ommited is the normal rendering. Rather the PPRPhaseListener seeks the
> affected components based on their clientIds calls the encodeMethods, packs
> the output  into XML, sends this to the client and quits the Lifecycle
> afterwards.
>
> I would guess if there is a problem with the alias-bean it is probably
> caused by
> not rendering it. Would that be possible ?
>
> regards
>
> Ernst
>
> On 4/25/07, Volker Weber <v.weber@inexso.de> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > i don't know how the PPRPhaseListener works, but i think the problem
> > with the aliasBean is the same as with updateing a component inside of
> > a UIData.
> > In the TobagoLifecycle we climb up the viewTree from the
> > 'affectedAjaxComponent' (we should rename this parameter) to search
> > for a UIData and invoke decode on this, if found.
> > Should be easy to implement something like this in the
> > PPRPhaseListener for aliasScope,
> > a bit more complicated for aliasBean.
> >

> > Regards,
> >     Volker
> >
> > 2007/4/25, Ernst Fastl <ernst.fastl@gmail.com>:
> > > Thaks for the info,
> > >
> > > following stuff is missing:
> > >
> > > -JavaDoc - I'll write that together with the bugfix of
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMAHAWK-969
> > >
> > > -testing with RI - hopefully I'll also find time for this
> > >
> > > -testcase - how would junit test an AJAX component?
> > >
> > > regarding the issue with the alias-been I would guess that is caused
> > > by the fact that this part of the page is not rendered - cannot think
> > > of a quick solution for that one - any ideas?
> > >
> > > regards
> > >
> > > Ernst

AJAX api ?