myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Gary Horen" <gho...@bea.com>
Subject JavaOne 2007 panel discussion: Ajax and JSF
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 01:10:57 GMT
Hello MyFaces devs -

Back in December I proposed a panel discussion at JavaOne about the
marriage of JSF and Ajax. I tried to contact several random members of
the MyFaces development team, to ask for a participant, but I never got
a response. Would one of you be interested in being on the panel? It's
scheduled for one hour, some time on Thursday May 10 (the website will
tell me the room, but not the time slot yet :-)). Here is the agenda as
it stands now:

The programming model for Ajax has recently shown signs of migrating
from the client side of the connection to the server side. In the Java
EE world, the form many Ajax runtime frameworks have chosen to take is
JavaServer Faces technology-based. Come meet with some of the creators
of these JavaServer Faces technology-based Ajax frameworks, and hear
about why they think these two technologies are a good marriage and
where they see this going in the future.

Here is the agenda:
* Why Ajax and JavaServer Faces technology are a good match
* Some of the challenges involved in designing an Ajax web application
with Java Server Faces technology
* How using JavaServer Faces technology compares to using
more-client-centric programming models
* Cost/benefit trade-offs of a JavaServer Faces technology model versus
a pure client-side model (e.g. server resource consumption and
scalability versus functional advantages, and similar tradeoffs)
* Some of the architectural challenges involved in creating a JavaServer
Faces technology-based Ajax framework
* Interoperability between different frameworks in the same web
application
* Possible future directions

So far, the organizations that will be participating are Backbase,
ICEsoft, Exadel, and Sun. Please let me know if there's somebody from
MyFaces who would like to be on the panel.

Thanks,

Gary Horen

Program Manager, Ajax and Languages

BEA Workshop Team