myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Manfred Geiler" <manfred.gei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: continuum down?
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2007 19:35:05 GMT
> On 3/28/07, Manfred Geiler <manolito@apache.org> wrote:
> > Hi Wendy! Hi all!
> > What happened to continuum? Is it down?
> >
> > Just tried to login as mrmaven. No success. Has the password changed?
> > (Can someone please send me the password)
> >
> > What steps are necessary to bring it up again?
> > Is it as simple as running the start_continuum-1.1.sh script?
>
> Both of the Continuum instances seem to be down, and the password I
> remember doesn't work for ssh.

"Doesn't work for ssh" What does that mean? mrmaven is a unix user.
why can't I login with that user? I attempted both login as mrmaven
and su to mrmaven. No success.
My intention was to run the start_continuum-1.1.sh script as mrmaven.

> The Continuum instructions (such as they are) are here:
>  * http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Continuum_Build

Yes that's where I read about the start_continuum-1.1.sh script.

> Once it comes back up, register for an account using your ASF id, and
> I'll make you a system administrator.  (If register for an account
> doesn't work, let me know and I'll just add you.)

I thought the myfaces zone is our private zone and we have our own
continuum instance running there. So why can't we simply start it?

I'm a continuum newbie so perhaps I did get something completely wrong?

Please enlighten me.

--Manfred