myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis Byrne" <den...@dbyrne.net>
Subject Re: @author tags
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2007 18:52:13 GMT
> > there is reasons for having them and for not having them. I personally
> > like to have a quick glance on the author tag to check where the class
> > originated - and I personally don't think they work as a "no
> > trespassing" sign at all, and have never done so.
>
> Ever?  Anywhere?

No way.  The closest thing is a loose association you pick up after being on
the list for a while.  For example, when I think of the tree2 component, I
think of Sean.  When I think of Portlets, I think of Stan.  The
scheduler/calendar component, Jurgen.  But there's no way any of them
would/could say "hey, that's my area".

geir

BTW, I'm ccing the dev list because Matze moved it there.

Dennis Byrne

> > regards,
> >
> > Martin
> >
> > On 2/25/07, Bernd Bohmann <bernd.bohmann@atanion.com> wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I'm fine with removing the author tags, too.
> >>
> >> We can enforce this with a checkstyle rule:
> >>
> >> <!-- No @author tags -->
> >> <module name="GenericIllegalRegexp">
> >>    <property name="format" value="@author"/>
> >>    <property name="message"     value="No @author tag allowed"/>