myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Mike Kienenberger" <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Patch Branch?
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 22:29:44 GMT
> [release 1.1.5 now instead]
> 1) Mitigates the need for a 1.1.4.1 branch.

Not really.   In all likelihood, there are always going to be bugs in
the latest release since new features are constantly being worked on.
Users want to have access to a bug-fix release that does not add new
features.

> 2) No need to run the TCK prior to the release.

We have to run the TCK on all releases, whether 1.1.5 or 1.1.4.1.

> 3) A release is a sign of progress to the community.

>From the email I've received both on and off list, the community would
consider bug fix releases a more practical sign of progress.

> 4) Allows Maven based project currently using 1.1.5 functionality
>     a version of MyFaces they can use in a release.  (I am in this position)

Irrelevent.   Having a bug fix release of 1.1.4.1 should not impact a
release of 1.1.5.