myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Jihoon Kim" <jihoonkim1...@gmail.com>
Subject Input Request for whether New Component [TOMAHAWK-829] is submitted correctly or not
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2006 19:35:14 GMT
Hi, my name is Ji [a.k.a. G] and I was wondering if I could get inputs
on whether or not I did everything correctly the way I am suppose to
when submitting a new component to the tomahawk sandbox and if not
what I should change or do.

What I have done so far =>
         Created a Jira issue
             (a)  Key : TOMAHAWK-829
             (b)  Type : New Feature
             (c)  Status : Patch Available
             (d)  Priority : Major
         with the following list of attachments :
         All_Patch.patch [ignorable patch, as I am creating a new
                                 component with new Java and new Directory]
         classes.zip        [Java classes + js files, as I have used the
                                   AddResource API]
         faces-config_changes.patch [patch to faces-config]
         javaDoc.zip        [zip file containing the javaDocs]
         javaSimply.zip    [solely Java files in the desired filesystem]
           [ i.e.
           tomahawk/sandbox/core/src/main/java/org/apache/myfaces/
               custom/selfmanagetable/component/html/ext/
               for SelfManageTableComponent.java
                   SelfManageTDComponent.java
           ]
         jsES.zip              [the latest JSes in the desired filesystem]
            [ i.e.
            tomahawk/sandbox/core/src/main/resources/org/apache/
                 myfaces/custom/selfmanagetable/resource/javascript/
                 for *.js
             ]
         myfaces_sandbox_changes.patch
                                    [myfaces_sandbox.tld patch]
         NoNewDirectoryPatch.patch [patch for changes for files that
                  do not require new directory, should be ignored]
         README.txt         [general README file w/ brief description]
         Sample_JSP.zip    [sample JSP file zipped
               tomahawk/sandbox/examples/src/main/webapp
                                     ]
         selfmanagetable.xml [xdoc for the components + tags
               tomahawk/sandbox/core/src/site/xdoc
                                     ]
         selfmanagetable.jpg  [an image for the xdoc
               tomahawk/sandbox/core/src/site/resources/images
                                     ]
I have made some of the above attachments after reading
http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Contributing_Patches and others because
I did.

Some of the capable features of the above component that I am
attempting to integrate are :
dynamic table
    (1)  moving up and down the position within the table via key +
          mouse
    (2)  dynamic sorting
    (3)  copy, cut, paste, delete, and undelete
    (4)  search
    (5)  changing the current viewing list with an another
    (6)  changing the size of the table [namely # of rows]
    (7)  paging capability that is dynamically modified
    (8)  and others that I forgot to mention if it exists

Some of the possible values for the TDs of the dynamic table :
    text, textarea, image, select, span, and etceteras
    [will have to thoroughly test that the user receives the values in
the manner they
     desire in SelfManageTDComponent]

Thank You and if I did everything correctly, all I have to do is wait, right?