myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Volker Weber" <weber.vol...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] s:selectItems to tomahawk
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 13:06:29 GMT
Why not having a "commons-component" library?
For converters and validators we neet also another TDL with another prefix.

I prefer to follow Bernds suggestion of having multiple commons artifacts.
Alternativly we can put all tag-components
(components/converters/validators/...?)
together into a single artifact.Or just all into a myfaces-commons jar,
but IMHO we can't go without at least one new TLD.

> Wouldn't that be really confusing for the end user. He would have to
> define another TLD in his JSP headers which is not really a component
> collection but rather a... what?
> Therefore my feeling is, that this one belongs more to a component
> library than the common jsf utilities collection.

The suggested common-component is really a component-library with
components completly independend of any jsf-implementation or
renderkit,
and the converter/validator artifacts are tag-librarys.

Regards,
    Volker