myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Beyer ...@thomas-daily.de>
Subject Re: t:panelTabbedPane button problem
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2006 16:15:00 GMT

Am 30.11.2006 um 15:23 schrieb Gerald Müllan:

> Hi,
>
> ok sorry, I have had a quick look on it; it`s right, with client side
> tab switching also inputs with type="submit" are rendered.
>
> So, there must be some change in the renderer class directly. Seems
> that there is no hack possible..

Unfortunately, I have no experience in implementing JSF tags /
renderers.

I had a look into the package org.apache.myfaces.custom.tabbedpane.
The only class with suffix "Renderer" is HtmlTabbedPaneRenderer.
So that is the class to be extended / modified, right?

> But I can not promise that there is time to change and test it out.

At least I would like to help on the test part. Right here I have
Safari, Camino, OmniWeb, Firefox, Opera on Mac OS X,
Internet Explorer on Windows XP, and Firefox on Debian Linux.

> If you want to be sure and need it urgently, a patch would be more
> nice :)

Well, I don't want to break the tag ;-)

My timeframe is: I need this feature in about 5-10 days.

Some questions for the case I decide to (try to) implement a patch:

Should I replace the <input> stuff completely by <a href> or not?
What are the reasons for <input type="submit">? Is it because any
changes
made to other input fields are submitted without the need of using
JavaScript?

So I guess I must not replace the <input> solution, right?
Should I add some switch submitTag="input" / "a"? Better idea?

Do you have some hint where to start with?

Hm, and where do I post these questions? users or dev? ok, maybe both.

cheers
Marcus