myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Manfred Geiler" <manfred.gei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] s:selectItems to tomahawk
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 11:53:51 GMT
Even if there is no renderer specific stuff involved, this goody is
quite component like. Particularly the tag definition is the thing
that makes it diffult to integrate into commons. We should not have
another TLD in commons with another recommended prefix ("c" ?!).
Wouldn't that be really confusing for the end user. He would have to
define another TLD in his JSP headers which is not really a component
collection but rather a... what?
Therefore my feeling is, that this one belongs more to a component
library than the common jsf utilities collection.
This component being a goody that is nice for the tomahawk as well as
the trinidad and tobago user is no argument IMO. This should be more a
signal for us that we have to compass a one-that-plays-everything
component library in the far (bright) future. i.e. Melt together our
great component sets.

So, I'm
-0.5 for putting it into (future) commons, and I'am still
+1 for moving it to tomahawk

Manfred