myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Spencer <pau...@apache.org>
Subject I am working on a Selenium test suite.
Date Sat, 25 Nov 2006 22:01:17 GMT
I have started writing a Selenium test suite.  I have the following goals:

1) Provide a regression test environment.
2) Further my understanding on how the JSF components work.
3) Provide a simplified set of examples.
4) Provide a platform for easily developing a test case for a bug.

Currently I have implemented only a few of the tags, like <h:panelGrid>
and <t:panelNavigation2>, but I intend on adding many more.  The test
include a jsp page that sets many of the attribute for each tag and a
Selenuim script that verifies the resulting HTML and functionality.  I
have tried to minimize the amount of java code need to implement each
tag, this keeps the test cases very simple.  Although much of this
replicates what is currently in Tomahawk Examples, it does not rely on
stylesheets or dynamically generated components.

I have run the test on HostedQA [1] so the results are publicly
available.  The test are run against IE 7 and Firefox.  Currently IE7 is
failing parts of the test, I suspect the failure have to do with how the
test are address elements in the dom.

At this point I have committed none of the tests, but I would like to
commit them soon.
1) Where is the best place to add them? I suspect the best place add
    this is myfaces/tomahawk/snapshot.

2) What should the artifactId be?  Currently it is myfaces-snapshot-testing.

Paul Spencer

[1] https://myfaces.hostedqa.com/project/122/session/suite/list