myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Use of Sun's XSD schema in MyFaces codebase
Date Sun, 15 Oct 2006 02:58:53 GMT
Bruno,

You might want to have this raised on the internal legal list if you want an
official answer.

	--- Noel

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruno Aranda [mailto:brunoaranda@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2006 4:36
To: legal-discuss@apache.org
Cc: MyFaces Development
Subject: Use of Sun's XSD schema in MyFaces codebase

Hi,

In the Apache Myfaces Project [1] we are implementing the
scpecification for JSR-252 (JSF 1.2). One of the new issues includes
the implementation of a XSD Schema [2] to validate some configuration
XML files. This schema has been already implemented by Sun for the JSF
Reference Implementation. In the previous implementation (1.1) we did
include the DTDs for those files also implemented by Sun in our
codebase, keeping the Sun headers and including a note in the LICENSE.
It is possible the same or a similar thing to include the schema in
our codebase, or do we have to implement it from scratch?

Cheers,

Bruno

[1] http://myfaces.apache.org
[2] http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd