myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Splitting up tomahawk (improve usability)
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 15:54:32 GMT

> I think this is going too far.
>
> A jar for shared utility code, validators, converters, and
> non-rendering components makes sense.   Possibly even non-rendering
> tags (like t:updateActionListener).
>
> As a facelets user, I could see the usefulness of a jar for taglib
> code, but I honestly doubt it's worth the hassle.   Functionality, it
> doesn't add anything to have this division.

I'm okay with splitting Tomahawk into multiple jars, as long as they
are versioned and released together.  Calling one of these jars
'myfaces-components-commons' to indicate that it can be used without
Tomahawk, is also fine.

I'm not in favor of establishing a commons module that gets versioned
separately.  Having to branch Shared for every release of core and
tomahawk is bad enough already.

If it's possible, I'd almost rather make the common code part of
Shared, since that already has to be branched for every release.

Is the goal simply to share code between Tomahawk and Tobago, or do we
also want make a commons jar available to users?

--
Wendy